25% of Crypto Owners also own an NFT; Crypto Owners are 2.5x more likely to own an NFT
Key Takeaways from this Report
- 25% of Crypto Owners also own an NFT; Crypto Owners are 2.5 times more likely to own an NFT than the general population
- Consumers are not willing to spend a fortune on NFTs, with the majority of intenders wanting to spend $50 or less on their asset. However, brands launching NFTs may be bringing more price insensitive consumers to the market
- The general population has a higher likelihood of knowing NFT marketplaces with lower barriers to entry cost-wise (e.g., Mintable), while Crypto Owners prefer platforms with a slightly higher barrier to entry but a lower barrier to exit (e.g., OpenSea)
- While the dialogue in popular culture centers around art, consumers are interested in purchasing NFTs to make a buck. Profitability was a top motivator for 79% of Crypto Owners and 66% of crypto non-owners
- Despite efforts from brands to popularize utility NFTs, art and collectible formats remain the most recognized NFT formats
About this Report
Drop for Business reports are created through aggregate transaction data and/or in-depth surveys. Learn more about Consumer Insights and Investment Solutions from Drop for Business.
Get the Full Report
Download the Report below to drill down into the data and find out how well respondants understand NFTs.
Download the rest of the report